Friday, May 3, 2013

They Vanished...

Share on Tumblr

REMEMBER YOU CAN COMMENT/REQUEST ME TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ANONYMOUS IF YOU WANT. I'LL WRITE ABOUT ANYTHING.

"Street Kids",

It's a label slapped on minors forehead pretty much stating their homeless. I mean who would want to admit that there are teenagers that are homeless?
This is an on going issue in first world country's (and many others). We should not have kids on the streets or anyone for that matter. It makes me feel ashamed to be part this world. The worst part is that no one really notices. We just pass by without giving a second glance. A lot of people just assume "Eh. He's just a druggie." I mean why else would a minor be homeless? Hm...

OH HEY! HERE'S AN IDEA MORON!

Did you ever think for a second that this is a good smart kid who is not in trouble with the law? A lot of runaways are minors who cannot go home, because for them home is not safe anymore. At least not with Dad and it's drinking...I cannot watch Mom get beaten anymore anyway. People need open their eyes and see that some of these minors are just kids trying to stay safe. Why is it that no one is trying to help these kids get in a safe place. No I don't mean a shelter, they kick you out in the morning. I mean a home a home they can feel safe, loved, and welcomed in. It's almost like we are disposing these minors. I say we need make a difference and start supporting and rising awareness for non-profit organizations whose goal is to help these minors. We need let people know that not all those minors are druggies or a trouble teen. I think what gets to me the most is that the majority of people act like they don't exist; It's almost like they vanished.


No comments:

Post a Comment