Monday, May 6, 2013

Zugzwang/The Raging Monster

Share on Tumblr

REMEMBER YOU CAN COMMENT/REQUEST ME TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ANONYMOUS IF YOU WANT. I'LL WRITE ABOUT ANYTHING.

Zugzwang: 

A term used in chess when it's your turn to move a piece, but regardless of where you move, you will be at a disadvantage. In other words Zugzwang is when you need to move, but you don't want to because of the terrible conditions.

Okay so on Wednesday I notice the girl sitting beside me had what appeared to be red marks on her wrist. I didn't want to jump the gun and assume they were cuts, but after sneaking looks at her wrist...I knew they were  She isn't the type of girl to accept help. So I did not say anything to her. I then went and spoke to my teacher in private and told her what I saw. She then thanked me and told her school counselor  Today my teacher came up to me and told me I was bang on. That she was cutting. Do you think I did the right thing? Should I have maybe tried to talk to her? Should I have kept my  mouth shut? I was not sure what to do, but I had this gut feeling to tell someone. Which I did. So what do you, guys think? Did I do the right thing?
It seems no matter what I chose to do it the end result would be someone finding out...


CHECK BACK TOMORROW FOR THE RAGING MONSTER ARTICLE. 

2 comments:

  1. Doing something is better than doing nothing, so you just did better than your classmates. I'd talk to her first, but that's just me (because I worry other people would react like I would), and I don't actually know her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to so badly, but who would admit to having an addiction to some guy in your class who the only thing you know about him is his first name and his grade. It was a really tough choice to make.

      Delete